Nowadays, dietician only suggests the alkaline diet or which is low in acidity because it enhances the density of bones along with the reduction in the risk of kidney bones. Well, it also upgrades the hormone level and alleviates the acid reflux. Though our body can maintain its pH level itself, a large quantity of acidic food can cause health issues like headache, short breath, and fatigue.
Well, it is popularly believed that acidic food will be sour, but it is not always necessary. The taste of food cannot identify whether it is acidic or alkaline. So, you can identify food by comparing its mineral and sugar content.
It is important if you prob about the food items which you consume. And so it is equally important to know about whether the blueberries are acidic or alkaline if you are fond of eating them daily. Some acidic foods like lemon, lime, grapefruit, and berries which have pH less than 4.6 can provoke acid reflux disease.
Well, blueberries have a pH ranging from 3.12 to 3.33 which proves that they are acidic fruits and may infuriate acid reflux. Well, blueberries also provide us with many health benefits so we can give it a try. We can continue eating them if it will not cause pain because our body systems react in different ways to particular food items. Well, obviously if and food affects your body negatively, you cannot think to eat it anymore.
There are some fruits which you can skip consuming because they are your favorite one. So, if you are not suffering from serious acid reflux or at the lower level, you can eat your favorite food keeping in mind the symptoms mentioned above. But don’t let any disease dominate you. So, be careful and choosy while eating anything.
Many people believe that blueberries are the World’s Healthiest Fruits because of its antioxidant properties, but you cannot count them in the proper alkaline diet. It is because blueberries are acidic fruits which are the reason for many people to avoid them.
High acid quantity in your body can cause many serious health issues. Well, if you want to improve your overall health, nothing can be better than blueberries because they are rich in nutrients. One cup of blueberries contains 84 calories and other nutrients like:
- Vitamin C includes 24% of the Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA).
- Vitamin K includes 36% of RDA.
- Manganese includes 25% of RDA.
- One cup of blueberries also includes 4 grams of Fiber.
- 15 grams of carbohydrate.
Well, some of the health benefits of blueberries are:
- Blueberries reduce DNA damage which is one of the most important benefits.
- Blueberries help in maintaining brain function.
- Blueberries also lower down the blood pressure which is one of the most necessary health benefits because high blood pressure can lead to many killer diseases.
- Blueberries contain a high number of powerful antioxidants which protects our body the damage caused by unstable molecules.
- It also helps in developing heart disease because it improves blood cholesterol level.
- Blueberries have control on anti-diabetic effects which will improve our insulin sensitivity and lower down the blood sugar level.
- Blueberries also prevent from damaging the muscle after a workout.
- Blueberries hold substances which avert some bacteria from clinging to the urinary bladder’s wall so they can be beneficial in fighting urinary tract.
- The frozen blueberries prevents from damaging the delicate anthocyanin antioxidants.
So, this is how Blueberries can control many acid effects forming in our body because as I said above, they contain many antioxidants and minerals.
Well, I would personally suggest that if you are not suffering from Gastroesophageal or acidic ruffle, you should not avoid eating your favorite blueberries because of the health benefits mentioned above. Well, rest of the decision depends upon the symptoms which I have already mentioned in my article.
Apart from these health benefits, you will find them sweet. They are very tasty which one cannot easily avoid eating. So, guys, it is all in this article. Well, I hope I was able to help you with this guide but you can still contact for more details. Thank You.