More senior citizens are living in the U.S. today than at any other time in our country’s history. While many seniors can live independently at home, they may be unable to drive or leave their home for medical reasons.
Since most people over 50 are taking a least one prescription medication for a health issue, it can be difficult for seniors to get their medications when they need them.
A medication delivery service represents the perfect answer for anyone who cannot drive, leave their residence or walk lengthy distances to obtain their prescription medications.
Benefits of Medication Delivery
In addition to accommodating homebound or elderly individuals, medication delivery:
- Prevents any lapse of time in accessing your medication
- Gives you peace of mind (no more worrying about finding someone to take you to the pharmacy)
- Leaves communication with physician offices to the pharmacy (helpful for people with hearing or speech problems)
- Allows you to remain at home and recover from surgery or serious illness
- Automatically processes your refills so you don’t have to call and reaffirm your prescription is ready to be picked up
- Eliminates worrying about running out of your prescription medications
Medication Delivered to Your Home May Reduce Doctor’s Appointments
Elderly people with chronic medical conditions who have no way to get their medications on time often miss one or more doses and suffer worsening symptoms of their condition.
In some cases, not taking medications as prescribed may mean visiting the doctor or even the emergency room for treatment of spiking blood pressure or diabetic complications.
By relying on a medication delivery service, seniors won’t miss a dose of their medication or risk exacerbating chronic health conditions.
To learn more about how Williams Bros. can help with your medication delivery needs, contact us today.