You can start liking things that you would normally avoid through mindfulness. This can be challenging, but you can learn about it through an experienced mindfulness teacher, and they will make you learn fast. So, the first thing you need to do is search for mindfulness class near me in your Google or any other search engine.
How are the courses of Mindfulness?
An introduction class may be from one day course to eight weeks course. In that class, you will learn about the basic concepts and exercises. And the classes are made as per the individual group, such as students, working class people, people serving military or people diagnosed with particular conditions.
The most established therapy programs for mindfulness are made such that they treat specific problems. The courses are as follows:
- MBCT or Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy. This course is for people who have anxiety and depression problems.
- MBSR or Mindfulness-based stress reduction. This course is for people who have general stress and is also good for maintaining good health for a long-term.
Courses may differ slightly from institution to institution, but they will in general:
- delivered through qualified practitioners
- a fixed number of sessions on a specific time frame, for example, in most of the institution you will find two-hour sessions on a weekly basis, and for eight sittings. Some institutes may also offer introductory sessions.
- classes will be done on a group basis, such as individual group work, group discussion, etc. Depending on the level of your comfort, you can contribute.
- Provide with a few meditation and mindfulness exercises that you are supposed to practice between sessions.
The courses are composed of traditional Buddhist practices. You will practice mindfulness meditations and many other techniques of mindfulness.
Some teachers also provide one-to-one sessions for mindfulness. The sessions of one-to-one are tailored as per the requirement of the individual under therapy.