The dental care is now a booming industry especially for those who are suffering from tooth loss. The treatment options in the earlier days were like dentures and bridges. But today implantation of teeth has replaced the traditional concept.
What are dental implants?
The replacement of tooth roots is known as dental implants. This is done to provide a very strong foundation for permanent teeth. It is also done to replace the removable teeth as same as the natural teeth. There are several advantages of dental implantation such as:
- Improved appearance– The patients who do implantation feel like they have their own natural teeth. This is because they are designed to fuse with the bone and so they become permanent.
- Improved speech – This is another benefit as the poor fitting dentures might slip within the mouth and that will cause a mumble or slur in your words. The dental implants help to speak without any worries.
- Improved comfort – The patient will not find any type of discomfort with implantation as the new teeth become a part of you.
- Easier eating– The simple dentures make eating food really difficult. On the other hand dental implants will make you feel as if you are having your own teeth. You can therefore eat your favourite foods with full confidence. You will also not feel any pain while chewing the food.
- Improved self –esteem – It brings back your smile and you start to feel better like before.
The dental implants are very comfortable and it does not require reducing other teeth. The nearby teeth are actually not altered to give a support to the new teeth. This gives an improved oral health for long term. The idea of implantation is to allow easier access between teeth and that improves the oral hygiene.