If a woman has created her mind to have a baby, one will probably aware that there are various sections of the body need to be operated then. The ovaries need to produce an egg every month with the process called ovulation. For this, it is necessary to check whether the uterus is in good shape and the fallopian tube must be opened or not.
If the fallopian tubes are stopped, sperm will not be able to touch the egg or the developed egg will not be able into the uterus. Blocked tubes will take for several reasons, but a few reasons the cause; the doctor will sort out the test called hysterosalpingogram or HST Test.
Aware about HSG or Hysterosalpingogram or HSG
A hysterosalpingogram is a process that employs an X-ray to check at the fallopian tubes as well as uterus. It will usually take less than 5 minutes and one can go home on the same day. The doctor will do the process after the duration but before one ovulates, as it will likely, one will be pregnant during this duration.
Next, the gynecologist will insert a thin tube called Cannulas into the cervix and then iodine-containing liquid will fill in the uterus. It will help in contrasting uterus and fallopian tubes on the X-rays.
Then, in the end, the doctor will eradicate the speculum and images will be taken with the fluoroscope X-ray. The liquid consisting of iodine will enlarge the images of fallopian tubes. Even the doctor will ask one to shift around so the doctor can get the side views and the patient might feel some cramping.
An HSG should be executed after the period of ovulation as it will decrease the risk of taking the test when one is pregnant. The doctor will inform the patient when to call or plan the test. It will be between the day tenth or 12th of the period time. The HSG will be done while one will be awakening and will not consist of general medicine of anesthesia. The patient can take meals on that day.
The test will be done under the supervision of experienced doctors. It will help to decrease the discomfort of the patient. Some doctors also give antibiotics to their patients. Some patients feel pain during the process while the inserting a speculum into the vagina. Doctors insert a swab to clear the cervix so that it will erase the risk of infection.
How to Prepare for HSG:
- The doctor might tell one take an over-the-counter pain medication an hour before the HSG. One may also have intake an antibiotic.
- Studies have shown that some women conceive naturally following this procedure and it is thought that the clearance may erase debris and negative things from the fallopian tubes.
- For this reason, it will improve their ability to transport the embryo for implantation in the uterus.
It is best to have HSG done in the first half:
- The gynecologist will make the test in the clinic or the office. One can go for HSG Testing in Arizona.
- One will start by resting down on a table under an X-ray picture called a fluoroscope.
- The doctor will place a speculum into the vagina to make it open, and clear the cervix.
- Next, the gynecologist will thrust a thin tube called Cannulas into the cervix and then iodine-containing liquid will fill in the uterus. It will help in contrasting uterus and fallopian tubes on the X-rays.
- Then, in the end, the doctor will eradicate the speculum and images will be taken with the fluoroscope X-ray. The liquid consisting of iodine will enlarge the images of fallopian tubes.
Will it possible to be pregnant after an HSG?
- It depends on the cause of infertility that pregnancy will occur after an HSG or not. At least, some studies have proved that some magnificently boost pregnancy rates in some patients.
- An HSG is a special kind of x-ray that consists using an iodine dye through the cervix, the uterus, and fallopian tubes are filled with iodine liquid. It will help in taking x-ray pictures. It will help in checking the uterine shape and checking the clarity of fallopian tubes.
Even there are some women became pregnant one or two months after an HSG.
Oil or Water-Soluble Combination:
An HSG can be done with an oil-based contrast medium or water-based. It will be done for tubal flushing. It will be done without imaging. The contrast medium will not affect the fertility test itself. After changing the combination, the HSG test is also boosting pregnancy.
Researchers have proved that:
- tubal flushing with an oil-soluble contrast media
- tubal flushing with both oil and water contrasts combination
- no interference at all
Some studies have also given outcome:
- There was an increase in pregnancy rates with oil-soluble contrast when compared to no interference at all.
- There was no change in pregnancy rates while employing water-soluble contrast or a combination of oil and water soluble combination.
- It has given a 17 percent chance of having to conceive the baby in the given month.
How will it give the chances?
In theory, the dye clears out the fallopian tubes, clearing partial and minor blocks in some women. With the help of the HSG test, the doctors will see the unblocked fallopian tubes. But in serious blockage, it is not possible for HSG.
The solution of iodine improves the uterus and fallopian tubes. This makes easy for an embryo to implant successfully. It will have an anti-inflammatory effect. Even
Best time for the excellent time to do the HSG Testing
The doctor will probably do the process after the period but before one ovulate, since it’s likely one will pregnant during this time. It will be done during the first half of the cycle, probably between days 1 and 14. Anyone can go for Fertility Clinic Arizona for testing and getting the process done.