Navigating the healthcare system without a healthcare insurance policy can be both expensive and confusing. But you should not allow this challenge to prevent you from getting the medical care you need when you need it – not later.
Often the longer you wait to treat a condition, the worse it will become and the more difficult it will be to resolve. If you do not have a health insurance policy, there are steps you can take to alleviate the burden and difficulties of obtaining medical care.
6 Tips for Getting Healthcare without Health Insurance
- The emergency room is required to provide medical attention to all patients who seek it. Remember, however, that the ER is strictly for emergencies and should not be visited for wellness checks, minor illness or routine medical care.
- Shop around your area’s urgent care and walk-in clinics. Call ahead to find out if they accept patients without insurance and how much they charge for an appointment.
- Ask your doctor’s office if they offer a discount for patients without insurance.
- Find out if you can sign up for a payment plan.
- If you need prescription medication, request a sample and ask for a generic prescription.
- You can choose where lab tests are performed. Some facilities charge less than others.
Family Medical Clinic: No Appointment or Insurance Required!
Our Miami medical clinic accepts walk-in patients with high deductible policies or no health insurance policies at all. We provide up-front costs and comprehensive care, including urgent care, a full staff of doctors and an in-house lab for quick diagnosis and immediate treatment.
To learn more about the services our Miami medical clinic provides, we welcome you to contact our office or schedule an appointment.